Hot Chocolate French Toast
- 1 loaf egg bread crusts removed
- mini marshmallows
- milk or dark chocolate squares
- 1 cup hot chocolate I used this recipe here
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- melted milk or dark chocolate
- freshly whipped cream
- milk or dark chocolate, grated
- Slice the egg bread into four 2-3 inch-thick slices. Slice a slit into the side of each piece of bread, making pockets.
- Fill the pockets with mini marshmallows and chocolate squares. Make sure to not over-stuff the pockets and tear the bread.
- Pour the hot chocolate and 3 eggs into a shallow dish and whisk together. Place the bread into the dish and soak on each side for 5 minutes.
- Melt some butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the bread on each side for about 3-4 minutes. The mixture is quite sugary, so make sure to check to see if the sugar is caramelizing too quickly or burning. Then turn off the heat, cover the pan with a lid, and allow the French toast to steam in the residual heat for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top with some melted chocolate, freshly whipped cream and grated chocolate and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!