BANANA BREAD FRENCH TOAST with Rum Banana Topping
- 1 loaf banana bread recipe here
- 3 eggs
- dash vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
Banana rum topping:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter cold or room temperature – doesn’t matter!
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rum
- 2 bananas sliced into ¼” – thick slices
- Slice the banana bread into 1” thick slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Add the vanilla extract and milk, then pour into a flat dish. Add the banana bread and soak for 1 minute.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Remove the pan from the heat, place a lid on the pan and allow the bread to cook in the residual steam for 5 minutes.
- While the French toast is cooking, make the banana rum topping. Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add and dissolve the brown sugar. Add the rum and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the sliced bananas and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the French toast on your desired plate, and top with some whipped cream and banana rum topping. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!