Matcha French Toast
- 1 loaf egg bread crusts removed
- white chocolate squares
- fresh raspberries + extra for topping
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Freshly whipped cream
- matcha green tea powder for dusting
- Slice the egg bread into 4 large slices and slice a little pocket into the side of each slice. Stuff each pocket with white chocolate and raspberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add the matcha green tea powder. (Note: to avoid to spotty matcha colouring like in the video, heat ¼ of the milk and dissolve the matcha in that first, then add to the egg mixture with the remaining milk. I totally forgot about this when I was filming! Agh!) Add the milk and whisk until fully combined. Place the slices of bread into the mixture and soak on each side for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Remove the pan from the heat, place a lid on the pan and allow the bread to cook in the residual steam for 5 minutes.
- Top the French toast with some whipped cream and dust with matcha green tea powder. Add a couple raspberries and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.