Chocolate-filled Flower Doughnuts
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tsp salt
- canola oil
- 2 cups pudding any flavour
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- food colouring
- Yellow sanding sugar
Make the doughnuts:
- Place the yeast, warm water and 1 tsp granulated sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Allow this to sit for 10 minutes, until the yeast begins to develop.
- Add the flour, ½ cup sugar, eggs, butter and salt. Set the mixer to medium speed and knead for 8-9 minutes, until the dough is smooth, soft and bounces back when poked with your finger.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out to ¼ inch-thick and cut into 2 ½ inch-wide flowers with a cookie cutter. You should be able to get 15-20 doughnuts. Transfer the doughnuts to a lightly floured baking sheet and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Pour about 5 inches of canola oil into a pot and set to medium heat. Attach a deep-fry thermometer and heat the oil to 370F. Fry 3 or 4 doughnuts at a time, cooking for 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towel. Cool completely.
Make the glaze:
- Combine the confectioner’s sugar and whipping cream in a bowl. Dye your desired colour and set aside.
- Place the pudding in a piping bag. Poke a hole in the sides of the doughnuts and squeeze the pudding into each doughnut until they feel heavier.
- Dunk the doughnuts into the glaze and sprinkle some yellow sugar onto the center. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.