Chocolate KitKat Cake
- 2 cups hot water
- 6 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tsp white vinegar
- 2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 11-13 KitKat Bars
- pretty ribbon
- fresh strawberries
Bake the cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water. Then add the cocoa powder and vanilla, whisk together, then pour into the dry mixture. Add the vegetable oil and vinegar, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Grease 2 9-inch cake pans with cooking spray. Divide the batter between the two pans and bake at 375F for 30 minutes. Cool them completely in the pans.
Make the buttercream:
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined. Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder, then beat for 3-5 minutes, until fluffy.
- Slice the edges off both cakes to create smooth, even edges. Spread about 1/3 of the buttercream between both layers, then cover the entire cake in the remaining buttercream.
- Break apart the KitKats into individual bars and stick around the entire perimeter of the cake. Secure with a pretty ribbon, tying it into a bow at the front of the cake.
- Top the cake with plenty of strawberries and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.