Giant Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Egg
You deserve to treat yourself this Easter! Try out this giant dark chocolate Easter egg that is FILLED with an entire jar of Nutella! RECIPE & PRODUCTS USED LINKED BELOW!
- 400 g high quality dark chocolate melted
- one 725g jar of Nutella
- Dipping items if desired
- fresh berries
- banana muffins recipe here:
- . Spoon some of the melted chocolate into one half of a silicone egg mold. Swirl it around so that it coats all sides. Pour any excess chocolate back into the chocolate bowl. Use a butter knife or spatula to smooth the chocolate on the edges of the mold, to ensure that the edges are clean and straight.
- Flip the mold upside down and place it on a flat tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the other half of the egg mold.
- Place the tray with the molds into the fridge for 1 hour, or the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Then repeat steps 1 and 2, to add another layer of chocolate. This will strengthen the shells and make them less likely to accidentally break.
- Without unmolding the shells, spoon the nutella into one half of the egg. Then very gently unmold the other, empty shell. Start by loosening the sides of the mold, then very gently press upwards from the bottom of the mold.
- Spread some extra melted chocolate around the Nutella-filled egg. The egg will still be cold from the fridge/freezer and will quickly set the chocolate, so work quickly to spread chocolate over the entire rim and then place the other half of the egg on top.
- Very gently press the top shell onto the bottom shell, then return the entire egg to the fridge to chill for 20 minutes. There may be gaps between the sides, but don’t worry! We’ll fix them in the next step.
- Remove the egg from the fridge and spread some extra chocolate along the seams of the egg, where you see gaps. The cold temperature of the egg will help the chocolate set quickly. Once the chocolate is about halfway set, use a small spoon or clean finger to smooth the chocolate. This will create a nice, clean seam.
- Return the egg to the fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, you can either sit the egg upright or place on a serving tray. Garnish with things for dipping – marshmallows, banana bread and fresh berries. You could even dollop some freshly whipped cream on top and swirl it together to make Nutella cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.