Happy Pride Month! We're making Pride cupcakes today – one cupcake for each Pride flag! RECIPE & PRODUCTS USED LINKED BELOW! Check out pankobunny MERCH! Pride collection coming soon! teespring.com/stores/pankobunny
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Food coloring
- 2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- edible glitter
Bake the cupcakes:
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, mixing with each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this to the batter in 2 additions, alternating with the sour cream. Divide the batter into as many bowls as are colors in the pride flag of your choice and dye them with food coloring:
- Gay: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple
- Bisexual: pink, purple, blue
- Polysexual: pink, green, blue
- Transgender: blue, pink, white
- Genderqueer: purple, white, green
- Demisexual: white, black, purple, grey
- Asexual: black, grey, white, purple
- Pansexual: pink, yellow, blue
- Gender fluid: pink, white, purple, black, blue
- Intersexual: pink, white, blue
- Non-Binary: yellow, white, purple, black
- Agender: black, grey, white, green
- Spoon the different colors of batter into a lined cupcake pan in the order of the flag. Bake the cupcakes at 350F for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centers comes out clean. Cool completely.
Make the buttercream:
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, beating with each addition.
- Just like the cupcakes, divide the buttercream into as many bowls as are colors in the pride flag of your choice. Use food coloring to dye the buttercream.
- To pipe a multi-color swirl, place a piping bag fitted with a large piping tip into a tall glass. Spread the different colors vertically into the piping bag, to create stripes of color. Squeeze the piping bag until you see all colors emerge from the tip.
- Pipe a swirl of buttercream onto your cupcakes.
- Decorate with coordinating candies, sprinkles and some edible glitter!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.