Animal Crossing Fossil Cakes
Today we’re making an Animal Crossing New Horizons recipe … fossil cakes WITH FOSSILS INSIDE! Break these chocolate cake fossils open to reveal white chocolate fossils!
- Pour the melted white candy melts into a silicone fossil mold. Place the mold in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes, until the candy melts have fully hardened.
- Crumble the cupcakes into a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to further break the cupcakes into smaller crumbs. Pour the melted milk chocolate chips into the bowl and mix with the electric mixer until it is fully incorporated into the cake crumbs. The cake should be able to be shaped into balls and retain their shape. If it still feels too dry, add some more melted chocolate chips.
- Divide the cake mixture into 6 portions, or however many fossils you’d like to make. Shape one portion of cake into a pancake shape and place a fossil in the center. Wrap the fossil in the cake and shape it into a disk. Repeat with the remaining cake mixture and fossils.
- Place the fossils on a dish lined with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Working with one fossil at a time, place a fossil into the melted blue candy melts and fully submerge. Use a fork to gently lift the fossil out, tap it on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess candy melts, and return the fossil to a dish lined with plastic wrap, or in my case, a silpat baking mat. Repeat with the remaining fossils and let the candy melts set at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Place the remaining 1 cup of melted white candy melts into a piping bag fitted with a small, round piping tip. Pipe the outlines of the fossil swirl, as well as the 2 stars, onto each fossil.
- Add the coconut oil to the remaining melted white candy melts. Stir well. Using a small spoon, carefully fill in the fossil swirl with the candy melts.
- Allow the fossils to sit at room temperature for 1 hour, then enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!