- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¾ cup almond flour not almond meal
- 2 large egg whites
- pinch cream of tartar
- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- blue food colouring
Ganache filling and topping:
- 4 oz white chocolate melted
- ¼ cup whipping cream hot
- pinch of salt
- blue food colouring
- Blue sanding sugar
Make the macarons:
- Combine the confectioner’s sugar and almond flour in a bowl, then sift 3 times.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until foamy. Add the cream of tartar, then beat until soft peaks form. Add the superfine sugar and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the vanilla extract and gently mix to combine. Sift the dry mixture into the egg mixture and gently fold to combine. Add enough blue food colouring to dye the macarons pale blue.
- Place the batter into a piping bag fitted with a large, round piping tip. Pipe rounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat baking sheet.
- Tap the baking sheet on the counter several times to release any air bubbles. Allow the macarons to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Set the oven to 375F and heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to 325F. Place the macarons in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking time.
- Allow the macarons to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Make the ganache:
- Combine the melted white chocolate, whipping cream and salt in a bowl. Dye it a deep blue colour. Place in the fridge until set, about 1 hour.
- Beat the ganache with an electric mixer until it lightens in colour and reaches stiff peaks. Place it in a piping bag fitted with a round piping tip.
- Pipe a ring of ganache onto the underside of half the macarons and place a dollop of blueberry jam in the center. Place the other macaron halves on top.
- Roll the sides of the ganache into blue sanding sugar.
- Place the remaining ganache in a piping bag fitted with a small piping tip. Pipe the Aquarius symbol on top and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!