Red Velvet Ice Cream
- 400 ml whipping cream
- approx. 1 tsp red food colouring
- 4 eggs
- 140 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extact
- 250 g milk chocolate melted
- Fill a large bowl with ice water, and place a smaller bowl on top. Pour the whipping cream into the smaller bowl and add the food colouring. Whip with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Then place the cream in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and add the sugar and vanilla. Beat well with an electric mixer until the mixture forms a ribbon when the whisk is lifted and the ribbon remains on the surface of the mixture for a few seconds.
- Add half of the egg mixture to the cream, and whisk together. Once they are fully combined, add the remaining egg mixture and gently fold the mixture together and combine. Make sure to be gentle and keep the mixture as airy as possible. Add the melted milk chocolate and gently fold to combine.
- Pour the ice cream into a Tupperware container, and seal with the lid. Place this in the freezer for 7-8 hours to chill and set. Scoop some into your favourite bowl and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!