The Perfect Cheeseburger
- 400 g ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- large pinch of pepper
- 4 squares cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- hamburger toppings: lettuce tomato, pickles, ketchup, mustard etc
- 4 hamburger buns
- Make the burgers: Pour about 1 tbsp of olive oil into a frying pan set to medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- In a bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs, milk and egg. Place the ground beef in a large bowl and add this mixture, the onions, salt and pepper. Knead with your hands until fully incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 4, and create patties, placing a square of cheese in the center of each patty.
- Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil into a pan set to medium heat. Once the oil has heated up, add the patties and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the patties over and place a lid on the pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the patties are fully cooked through.
- Serve in hamburger buns with your choice of toppings!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!