- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 284 ml can of tomato soup
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cloves
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- any kind of white frosting/buttercream I used royal icing, dyed green
- Add the baking soda to the can of tomato soup, and mix until fully combined.
- Place the sugar and butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Then add the soup mixture and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, then add to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased doughnut pan, and bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Once they are fully cooked, transfer the doughnuts to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In the meantime, mix together the confectioner’s sugar and milk in a small bowl to create the glaze for the doughnuts. Once the doughnuts have fully cooled, slide a sheet of parchment paper under the wire rack (to catch the extra glaze), and spoon the glaze over the surface of the doughnuts. Allow the glaze to harden to the touch.
- Then pipe leaves and a stem onto each doughnut with the green coloured frosting to look like a tomato!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!