Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts
- Ingredients makes 9 pop tarts
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- ¼ – ½ cup cold water
- 1/3 cup roughly crushed graham crackers
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup white chocolate chips melted
- 1 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- pinch cinnamon
- Leaf sprinkles
Make the dough:
- Mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until it turns into a crumbly meal-like texture. Drizzle over the ice water, and pulse until the dough sticks together when squished together. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until firm.
Make the filling:
- Place the graham crackers, pumpkin, melted white chocolate chips, pumpkin spice, cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar in a blender and pulse until smooth. Transfer the filling to a piping bag and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes, or until stiffened slightly. This will make it easier to pipe!
- Roll out the pie dough onto a floured surface, to an 18” x 14” rectangle. Trim the edges with a sharp knife. Slice into 9 rectangles.
- Pipe the filling onto half of each rectangle. Fold the rectangles in half, then seal all four sides with a fork. Brush the surface with the beaten egg.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, until golden. Then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the whipping cream, vanilla extract, confectioner’s sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spoon on top of the pop tarts and decorate with leaf sprinkles. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.