Pumpkin Spice Pop Tarts
- Ingredients makes 9 pop tarts
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- ¼ – ½ cup cold water
- 1/3 cup roughly crushed graham crackers
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup white chocolate chips melted
- 1 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- pinch cinnamon
- Leaf sprinkles
Make the dough:
- Mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until it turns into a crumbly meal-like texture. Drizzle over the ice water, and pulse until the dough sticks together when squished together. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until firm.
Make the filling:
- Place the graham crackers, pumpkin, melted white chocolate chips, pumpkin spice, cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar in a blender and pulse until smooth. Transfer the filling to a piping bag and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes, or until stiffened slightly. This will make it easier to pipe!
- Roll out the pie dough onto a floured surface, to an 18” x 14” rectangle. Trim the edges with a sharp knife. Slice into 9 rectangles.
- Pipe the filling onto half of each rectangle. Fold the rectangles in half, then seal all four sides with a fork. Brush the surface with the beaten egg.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, until golden. Then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the whipping cream, vanilla extract, confectioner’s sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spoon on top of the pop tarts and decorate with leaf sprinkles. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!