- ½ cup milk
- 2 ¼ tsp white vinegar
- 2 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp skim milk powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup homemade raspberry jam recipe here
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pink food colouring
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 6-8 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup homemade raspberry jam strained to remove seeds (recipe here)
- ½ cup homemade raspberry jam strained to remove seeds (recipe here)
- fresh raspberries
Bake the cupcakes:
- Prep: Mix together the milk and white vinegar in a small bowl to make buttermilk. Place this in the fridge for 15 minutes for the milk to slightly curdle. Then you’ll have buttermilk!
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and skim milk powder into a bowl and mix together. In a separate bowl, combine the jam, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Set both bowls aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Then add the eggs and egg whites one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk mixture (flour>buttermilk>flour>buttermilk>flour), gently mixing after each addition. Then add the fresh raspberries and pink food colouring and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a muffin pan lined with cupcake liners. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until fully cooked. Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack and allow them to fully cool.
Make the buttercream:
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl until it’s light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, and mix together. Add the confectioner’s sugar 1 cup at a time, beating with each addition. Add the jam and mix well.
Decorate the cupcakes:
- Make a hole in the center of each cupcake and fill it with raspberry jam. Place the buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a round tip and pipe it into a swirl on top of each cupcake. Top with a raspberry and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.