Yummy Bacon & Egg Bowls
- 250 g thickly sliced bacon roughly chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 270 ml milk
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup gruyere cheese grated
- 4 buns I suggest using sourdough
- Fry the bacon in a pan set to medium heat until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a bowl. For extra flavour, you can add any herb or seasoning of your choice.
- Slice the tops off the buns and remove the bread from the center, creating bowls. Place the bowls on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Evenly distribute the bacon and cheese between the bread bowls, then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 320F for 30-40 min, until the egg has set and is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!