Sakura Cherry Blossom Liqueur
- 1 cup kirsch cherry liqueur
- 25 pickled sakura cherry blossom flowers purchase some here
- Place the pickled sakura flowers into a bowl and submerge in cold water. Gently massage the flowers to release the salt, then allow them to soak in the water for 1 hour to remove any additional salt between the petals and stems.
- Drain the flowers and pat dry with a paper towel until most of the moisture has been absorbed. Place these into a sterilized jar, and pour in the kirsch liqueur. Close the lid and place the jar in the refrigerator. Wait at least 3 days for the flowers to steep in the liqueur. In this time, the flowers will impart a very delicate cherry blossom flavour into the kirsch and will turn the liqueur a pale pink colour.
- Use in any baking of your choice to add a delicate cherry blossom flavour!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!