Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ vanilla bean pod seeds only
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe here
- orange and brown food colouring
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form. Then add the vanilla bean seeds and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Place a small amount of the marshmallow into a smaller bowl. Dye it a dark brown colour. Dye the remaining larger amount of marshmallow orange. The colour will lighten, so make dye the marshmallows a slightly brighter colour than you’d like. Place the marshmallow into piping bags fitted with round tips.
- Pipe the orange marshmallow onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making round balls. Pipe the brown marshmallow on top to look like stems.
- Allow the marshmallows to sit for 2 hours, then sift some corn starch on top. Gently peel the marshmallows off the parchment paper with a butter knife and coat the undersides in corn starch. Bounce the marshmallows in a sieve a few times to remove any excess corn starch and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.