Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ vanilla bean pod seeds only
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe here
- orange and brown food colouring
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form. Then add the vanilla bean seeds and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Place a small amount of the marshmallow into a smaller bowl. Dye it a dark brown colour. Dye the remaining larger amount of marshmallow orange. The colour will lighten, so make dye the marshmallows a slightly brighter colour than you’d like. Place the marshmallow into piping bags fitted with round tips.
- Pipe the orange marshmallow onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, making round balls. Pipe the brown marshmallow on top to look like stems.
- Allow the marshmallows to sit for 2 hours, then sift some corn starch on top. Gently peel the marshmallows off the parchment paper with a butter knife and coat the undersides in corn starch. Bounce the marshmallows in a sieve a few times to remove any excess corn starch and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!