Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes
- 2-4 tbsp cold water
Make the ice cream:
- Whip the whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Place in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then add the sugar and vanilla extract. Beat well until the mixture thickens and forms a ribbon when lifted. Add half of the cream, the pumpkin pie spice and canned pumpkin and mix together. If you’d like the ice cream to look more pumpkin-y, add a few drops of orange food colouring. Add the remaining cream and gently fold to combine.
- Pour into a Tupperware container and seal with the lid. Place this in the freezer for 7-8 hours to chill and set.
Make the pie cups:
- Mix together the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse until it turns into a crumbly meal-like texture. Drizzle over the ice water and pulse until the dough sticks together when squished together. Shape the dough into a disk and wrap it in plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour until firm.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface until it is 1/8-inch thick. Using an 11 cm round cookie cutter, cut 6 circles from the dough and press them into a muffin tin. Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 10 minutes or until frozen.
- Bake at 400F for 20-30 minutes, or until golden. Allow the cups to cool completely in the pan, then gently remove and set aside until ready to serve.
To serve, place a scoop of ice cream into each pie cup and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!