Peanut Butter Piggies
- 170 g milk chocolate finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- a pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped salted peanuts
- 450 g melted dark chocolate
- Melt the dark chocolate and coat the insides of a pig-shaped mold with the dark chocolate, until it is about 1-2 mm thick on all sides. If you’re having trouble with the chocolate sticking to the sides, apply 2 thin coats, popping the mold into the freezer in between coats. Then place this in the freezer while you make the mousse.
- To make the mousse, pour the cream into a small pot and bring to a simmer. Then pour the cream over the finely chopped chocolate and allow it to sit for 1 minute, then stir. Add the vanilla extract, pinch of salt and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Then add the egg yolks and mix until smooth once more.
- Pour the mousse into the chocolate molds, leaving about ½ cm from the top. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Mix the remaining melted dark chocolate with the chopped salted peanuts and spoon on top of the peanut mousse. Return to the freezer to set for a final time, then remove from the mold and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!