Peanut Butter Piggies
- 170 g milk chocolate finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- a pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped salted peanuts
- 450 g melted dark chocolate
- Melt the dark chocolate and coat the insides of a pig-shaped mold with the dark chocolate, until it is about 1-2 mm thick on all sides. If you’re having trouble with the chocolate sticking to the sides, apply 2 thin coats, popping the mold into the freezer in between coats. Then place this in the freezer while you make the mousse.
- To make the mousse, pour the cream into a small pot and bring to a simmer. Then pour the cream over the finely chopped chocolate and allow it to sit for 1 minute, then stir. Add the vanilla extract, pinch of salt and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Then add the egg yolks and mix until smooth once more.
- Pour the mousse into the chocolate molds, leaving about ½ cm from the top. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Mix the remaining melted dark chocolate with the chopped salted peanuts and spoon on top of the peanut mousse. Return to the freezer to set for a final time, then remove from the mold and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.