- chocolate cake covered in a thin layer of buttercream
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 125 ml water
- 225 g granulated sugar
- 150 g pure chocolate not chocolate chips
- 30 g cocoa powder sifted
- 65 ml whipping cream
- cherries for topping
- Place the cake in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill while you make the glaze.
- Pour the ¼ cup cold water into a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the surface. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Place 125ml water into a pot and add the granulated sugar. Set to high heat and heat until it reaches 219F. Remove from the heat. Add the pure chocolate and whisk until it has melted. Then add the cocoa powder and whisk to combine. Add the whipping cream and combine.
- Once it reduces to 140F, add the gelatin and stir to combine.
- Pour the glaze through a sieve, then pulse with an immersion blender to remove any lumps. Pour through a sieve once more. Cool to 84F.
- Place a baking sheet on your surface and place a can in the center. Place the cake on a plate slightly smaller than the cake and place onto the can. Pour over the glaze over the cake. Transfer the cake to the fridge and chill for 10-30 minutes.
- Decorate with fruit and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.