Marshmallow Flower Bouquet
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ vanilla bean pod seeds only
- pink & yellow food colouring
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- lollipop sticks
- hard candy
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form. Then add the vanilla bean seeds and mix well.
- Place a small amount of marshmallow mixture in a bowl and dye it yellow. Dye the remaining marshmallow pink. Place both marshmallow mixtures in piping bags fitted with round tips.
- Generously spray a flower-shaped mold with cooking spray. Pipe yellow into the center of the flowers. Pipe pink around the yellow to make the petals. Set the marshmallows aside for 2-3 hours, until firm.
- Combine the confectioner’s sugar and corn starch in a small bowl. Gently unmold the marshmallows and dust in the sugar and corn starch mixture. Bounce the marshmallows in a mesh sieve to remove any extra powder.
- Stick the marshmallows onto lollipop sticks and arrange them in a vase or cute mug filled with hard candy.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!