Mini Lobster Pot Pies
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery diced
- salt & pepper
- 6 tbsp flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large potato diced and blanched
- 1 large carrot diced and blanched
- 1 cup frozen peas defrosted
- 1 cup frozen corn defrosted
- meat from 2-3 lobsters cooked
- basic pie crust rolled to 1/8 inch-thickness (recipe here)
- 1 beaten egg
- Melt the butter in a frying pan set to medium heat. Add the onions and celery and cook for 2 minutes. Add the salt, pepper and flour and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer until the stew thickens, 8-10 minutes. Add the milk and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the potatoes, carrot, peas, corn, lobster and tarragon. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Pour the stew into 6 ramekins.
- Cut the pie crust into 6 circles that are slightly bigger than the rim of the ramekins. With the remaining pie crust, cut out 6 hearts and gently press one heart onto the center of each circle of dough.
- Place the crust on top of the ramekins and tuck the edges of the crust into the edges of the ramekins with a fork. Gently make two slits on either side of the hearts, then brush with the beaten egg. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes until the crust is brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!