Peppermint Present Truffles
- white chocolate melted
- red oil-based food colouring
- 85 ml whipping cream hot
- 115 g white chocolate finely chopped
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 5 candy canes crushed
- Divide the melted white chocolate into 2 containers and dye one batch red. Spoon the chocolate into a square silicone mold to create the chocolate shells, making half of the squares white and half red. Place the mold into the freezer for the chocolate to harden.
- Pour the hot cream on top of the white chocolate and mix well. Place the bowl on top of a bowl filled with ice water and mix until the ganache thickens. Add the peppermint extract and candy canes and combine. Place the ganache in a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
- Pipe the ganache into the chocolates and pour more melted chocolate on top. Return the chocolates to the freezer for the chocolate to fully harden, about 30 minutes.
- Unmold the chocolates and using a toothpick, draw ribbons and bows onto the chocolates. Draw red bows onto the white boxes and white bows onto the red boxes. Return to the freezer for a final 10 minutes to set and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!