Geode Chocolate Eggs
- chocolate or candy melts melted
- 8 oz white chocolate melted
- scant ¾ cup whipping cream hot
- pinch of salt
- rock candy in a variety of colours crushed
- First, make the ganache. Combine the white chocolate, salt and whipping cream in a bowl. Place in the freezer until thickened, about 1 hour.
- Spread some melted chocolate or candy melts onto the inside of an egg-shaped chocolate mold. Place this in the freezer until the chocolate has set.
- Beat the ganache with an electric mixer until it lightens in colour and consistency – it should look whipped and hold stiff peaks. Place it into a piping bag fitted with a large, round tip.
- Keep the chocolate eggs in the molds and pipe some ganache onto the inside of the eggs.
- Fill the eggs with rock candy, starting with a dark colour in the middle and working outwards into a lighter colour.
- Transfer the eggs to the freezer for the ganache to stiffen, about 30 minutes. Then unmold the eggs and enjoy! Note: it’s much easier to unmold the eggs when they are filled with the ganache and rock candy, instead of unmolding just the shells.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!