Japanese-Style Egg McMuffins
- 1 large egg
- 250 g cake flour
- 1 cup milk
- 20 g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- vegetable oil for greasing the pan
- 4 quail eggs fried sunny side up
- ham cut into squares
- cheddar cheese cut into small slices
- Beat the egg in a large bowl, and add the flour, sugar and baking powder. Lightly whisk everything together, and add the milk in 3 or 4 additions.
- Place the imagawayaki pan on the stove over LOW heat. Don’t set it on a higher heat, because the pan can get too hot, and burn the imagawayaki.
- Generously grease the pan with vegetable oil, using a bunched up paper towel to evenly distribute the oil inside the pan. Pour the batter into the pan, filling each compartment half way with batter.
- Place the fillings into the center of two of the pancakes. Allow the batter to cook until the edges of the pancakes have come away from the sides of the pan. Run a butter knife around the edges of the plain pancakes, loosening them from the pan. Flip them on top of the filled sides to make two sandwiches. Press down on the top half to seal both sides together. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute longer, until the surface of the bottom pancake is golden brown.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan once they’re fully cooked, and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!