Hanukkah Latte and Star of David Cookies
Happy Hanukkah! Today we’re making rugelach-inspired Star of David sugar cookies and sticking them on a Hanukkah latte!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp whipping cream or milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups white chocolate or blue candy melts melted
- ½ – 1 tsp blue butterfly pea flower powder if using white chocolate
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ – 1 tsp blue butterfly pea flower powder
- 4 shots espresso
- 2-3 cups hot or cold milk
- Silver edible glitter
- silver and gold star sugar sprinkles
Bake the cookies:
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the cinnamon and mix to combine. Add the egg, whipping cream and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Add this to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Add the pecans and apricots and fold into the batter with a spatula.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper, until it is ¼ inch thick.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and use a Star of David cookie cutter to cut out cookies. This cookie cutter should reflect the size that you’d like your cookies to be. Transfer the cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use a smaller Star of David cookie cutter to cut centers out of the cookies. Place the centers onto the baking sheet as well – they will make cute mini cookies!
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 9 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown. Cool completely.
- If using white chocolate to decorate your cookies, mix it with the blue butterfly pea flower powder to create a pale blue color.
- Dip the cookies into the melted chocolate and gently wiggle the cookie in your hand to smooth the surface. Place the cookies onto a drying rack and allow the chocolate to set. If using candy melts, they will set at room temperature. If using white chocolate, the cookies will have to be placed in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
Make the latte:
- Place the whipping cream and vanilla extract in a medium or large-sized bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until the cream starts to thicken.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar and blue butterfly pea flower powder and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Divide the espresso and milk between two mugs or glasses of your choice.
- Fill the mug the rest of the way with some of the cream. Place a Star of David cookie flat onto the rim of the glass and continue to dollop more cream on top.
- Finish with some edible glitter and silver and gold stars. Enjoy! For easiest eating, I recommend using a straw.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.