Homemade Guinness Beef Stew
- 2 ½ lb stewing beef cut into 2-inch cubes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ large red onion chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 4 carrots chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 ½ cups Guinness beer about ¾ can
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp thyme leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- Toss the beef with the flour, salt and pepper, coating each side. Pour the olive oil into a large, oven-safe pot and set to medium-high heat. Add the beef in batches, browning on all sides. Transfer each batch of beef to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, carrots, potatoes and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to soften. Return the beef to the pot, along with the beef stock, Guinness, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover with the lid and bake at 350F for 1 ½ hours, until the beef is tender.
- You can serve it right away with parsley, or if you’d like the stew to be a thicker consistency, you can cool the stew at room temperature, then reheat for the next day. It tastes just as delicious!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!