Triple Blueberry Waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese room temperature
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- zest of ½ lemon
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Fresh blueberries for topping
- Place 1 cup of the blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice in a small pot and set to medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the remaining blueberries and cook until it thickens slightly, about 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Crush the blueberries with a fork, then add the mascarpone cheese, yogurt and lemon zest. Fold until combined, then set aside.
Make the waffles:
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter and eggs. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Add the blueberries and fold into the batter.
- Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon about ¾ cup batter into each waffle section. Close the iron and cook for 6-8 minutes, until they are golden brown. Transfer to a plate, or a cooling rack, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Place one waffle on each plate and top with a dollop of mascarpone topping. Spoon some blueberry compote on top, then place another waffle on top and gently press down. Repeat with more mascarpone topping and blueberry compote. Garnish with some fresh blueberries and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.