These are absolutely perfect for any beer lover! These are sweet jellies that you can serve for dessert, but they don’t just look like freshly poured glasses of beer – they ARE beer! The beer (surprisingly – and yes, I was surprised when I was testing this out too) works quite well when set with the gelatin and topped with the sweet and refreshing jelly made from Calpis soda. You have to be a beer drinker to like these, because they still taste very much like beer, but the added sugar makes these suitable as a dessert. A sip of beer usually leaves me gagging and with a sour look on my face, but even I didn’t want to put the spoon down! You absolutely NEED to make these for any beer lovers in your life! They work with any kind of beer – pale, golden or dark!
- 255 ml beer any kind you like, room temperature
- 2 ½ tsp gelatin
- 1 ½ tbsp. sugar I use 2 tbsp for dark beers, like Guinness
- 1 cup Calpis soda or Sprite
- 2 ½ tsp gelatin
- Pour the beer into a pot and set it to medium heat. Sprinkle in the gelatin and sugar, and mix and dissolve.
- Pour the beer into your desired glasses, stopping at about 1 cm from the rim of the glass. Place these in the fridge to fully set.
- Pour the Calpis soda into a pot and set it to medium heat. Sprinkle in the gelatin and dissolve. Pour into a shallow bowl and place in the fridge.
- When the Calpis is halfway set, remove it from the fridge and transfer it into a bowl. With an electric mixer, break up the jelly so that it becomes slightly foamy.
- Spoon the Calpis jelly onto the fully set beer jellies. Place them back into the fridge to fully set.
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.