- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour not almond meal
- 2 large egg whites
- pinch cream of tartar
- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- ½ tbsp fresh raspberry puree strained
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pink and blue gel food coloring
- 8 oz. high quality white chocolate
- ¾ cup whipping cream heated until almost bubbling
- pinch of salt
- your desired food coloring
To make the macarons:
- Combine the confectioner’s sugar and almond flour in a bowl, then sift 3 times.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until foamy. Add the cream of tartar, then beat until soft peaks form. Add the superfine sugar and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Sift the dry mixture into the egg mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 2 bowls. Add the raspberry puree and pink gel food coloring to one bowl and stir to combine. Dye the other bowl bright blue.
- Place the batter in piping bags fitted with large round tips and pipe 1-inch rounds on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Wet your finger with water and smooth the top of the macarons. Tap the baking sheets on your countertop a couple times to remove any air bubbles. Let the macarons sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Set your oven to 375F, heat for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325F. Bake the macarons, one sheet at a time, for 6-8 minutes, rotating halfway through. After each batch, increase the heat to 375F, heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to 325F and pop the next sheet into the oven!
- Allow the macarons to cool on the sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to fully cool.
To make the filling:
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals until fully melted. Add the hot whipping cream and a pinch of salt and mix until fully combined.
- Divide the ganache into as many bowls as you like and dye it your desired colours. Transfer the ganache to the fridge to chill until thickened.
- Beat the ganache with an electric mixer until it thickens and slightly lightens in colour. Transfer the ganache to piping bags fitted with round tips.
- Pipe the ganache onto half of the macarons and gently place another macaron on top. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.