Easter Bunny Cakes
- Strawberry Cake batter recipe here, Note: I omitted the fresh, diced strawberries for these bunnies
- 2 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- pink & brown food colouring
- mini chocolate chips
- 1 lb strawberries stems removed and quartered
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Spoon the batter into a greased bunny-shaped pan (I bought mine from Williams Sonoma). Cook for 20-25 minutes at 350F, until a skewer inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Immediately remove the cakes from the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a bowl and set aside. The strawberries will release their juice and become delicious and juicy while you make the buttercream and decorate the bunnies.
- Make the buttercream: Place the butter in a bowl and whip with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, mixing well with each addition. Then whip for 3-5 minutes, until fluffy. Dye about 1/3 of the vanilla buttercream brown and 2-3 tablespoons pink. Place both the brown and white buttercream in piping bags fitted with star-shaped tips. Place the pink buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a small round tip.
- Decorate the bunnies with the vanilla and brown buttercream. Use the pink buttercream to pipe on the ears and noses of the bunnies, then create their eyes with the chocolate chips.
- Serve each bunny with some macerated strawberries and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.