Candy Cane Doughnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp buttermilk
- red food colouring
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- crushed candy canes
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, honey, egg, vanilla and peppermint extract. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined – make sure not to overmix. Divide the mixture into 2 bowls and dye one bowl red.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag, placing the piping bag on its side and filling one side with one colour, then spoon the other colour on top. This will create a striped pattern when you pipe the batter into the pan! Pipe the batter into a greased doughnut pan and bake at 400F for 7 minutes. Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then flip the pan over to remove the doughnuts and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze: Whisk together the whipping cream and the confectioner’s sugar and whisk until fully combined. Dunk each doughnut into the glaze and return to the wire rack. Top with crushed candy canes and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.