Homemade Strawberry Jam and Bunny Toast
- 1 kg fresh strawberries washed and hulled
- 500 g sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- sliced bread
- aluminum foil
- To make the jam, place the strawberries in a large bowl and cover with the sugar. Let this sit 4 hours or overnight.
- Then pour the strawberries into a pot. Place it on the stove and set to high heat. Allow it to come to a boil, and remove any scum that develops.
- Once it reduces by half, add the lemon juice. Allow it to cool slightly, and then pour it into sterilized jars. Then flip them upside and let them sit overnight once more!
- To make the toast, cut rabbit shapes out of aluminum foil. Place this on top of each slice of bread, and place these in a toaster oven. These need to stay flat, so you’ll need a toaster oven instead of a regular toaster. Toast the bread to your desired colour, and gently remove the toast. The area underneath the aluminum foil will not have browned, and you’ll have a cute rabbit face underneath!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!