DIY Chocolate Smash Heart
Today we're making one of those trendy Chocolate Smash Hearts! These are super easy to make and really fun to break into. Plus, we're using real chocolate – no candy melts or fondant here! RECIPE & PRODUCTS USED LINKED BELOW!
- 350 g white chocolate melted
- 3 tsp freeze dried raspberry powder
- 10-15 Lindor balls I used white chocolate lindor balls, because they show the color of the luster dust best
- 1-2 tsp luster dust
- 15 pink starbursts
- Pink metallic food spray
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup conversation hearts
- 3 tbsp heart sprinkles
Make the shell:
- Combine the white chocolate and freeze-dried raspberry powder in a bowl. Pour half of the chocolate into the heart mold and rotate the mold so that the chocolate coats all sides.
- Place the mold in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until fully hardened. Use a spatula to spread more chocolate along the edges of the mold, to strengthen the edges. This will prevent the heart from breaking during the unmolding process. Return the mold to the fridge to chill for another 30 minutes.
- Very carefully unmold the heart. Set it on a tray and return to the fridge. Make another heart with the remaining chocolate, chill in the fridge, then unmold and set it in the fridge with the first half until needed.
Make the truffles:
- Place the lindor truffles into a small Ziploc bag. Sprinkle the luster dust into the bag, seal the bag then roll the truffles around and full coat.
- Remove the truffles and set aside. If they have excess luster dust on them, you can use a fan or empty squirt bottle to blow air onto the truffles and remove the excess dust.
Make the bow:
- Unwrap the starburst and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds, until soft.
- Line up the starburst on a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet on top, then roll out with a rolling pin until it is 1/8”-thick. Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and use a sharp knife to cut the starburst into one strip as the “ribbon” and one strip for the “bow”.
- Shape the strip for the bow into a bow shape. Use another piece of starburst to create the middle portion of the bow, and two more pieces to create the ends of the bow. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place both hearts on your work surface and evenly spray the pink metallic spray on top. You may want to hold a dishtowel behind the hearts, so that you don’t spray your counter or kitchen.
- Choose one heart to be the bottom and flip it upside down, so that it forms a bowl. Fill the heart with the marshmallows, candy hearts, truffles and sprinkles.
- Place the second heart on top. Gently mold the starburst ribbon onto the heart, then place the bow and its accessories on top.
- Hit with a hammer and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!