Chocolate-Covered Jelly Bean Rabbits
- 1 packet 85g of jello (any flavour)
- 3 envelopes of gelatin 3 tbsp
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ – ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- oil-based food colouring
- melted dark chocolate
- Pour the powdered jello, gelatin and water into a small saucepan, and let sit for 5 minutes until the gelatin softens.
- Place the saucepan on the stove and set it to medium heat. Fully dissolve the jello and gelatin in the water while stirring, about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into a container with a spout, and then pour it into jelly bean molds. Place this in the fridge until the jelly beans have fully set and feel bouncy, about 3-5 hours.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and dye the melted chocolate any colour that you like. Stick a toothpick about 1/3 of the way into the end of one jelly bean, and coat the jelly bean in chocolate. Place it on a tray lined with parchment paper, and use another toothpick to help slide the other toothpick out of the jelly bean. The heat of the chocolate may begin to slightly melt the jelly beans, so place the jelly beans in the freezer for about 5 minutes after every 5th-10th jelly bean that you make. Then set the chocolate-covered jelly beans in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has fully set, use a toothpick to draw rabbit faces onto each jelly bean with the dark chocolate. Return the jelly beans to the freezer one last time for the dark chocolate to set. Allow the jelly beans to sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!