Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
These classic candy cane cookies have a touch of peppermint in them, making them taste extra festive! These are so easy to make and a perfect recipe to make with kids. CHECK OUT MY MERCH! Use code LASTCHANCE for 10% OFF until 12/19! teespring.com/stores/pankobunny
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- red food coloring
- ½ tsp matcha green tea powder
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until it becomes light and fluffy. Add the milk, egg, peppermint extract and vanilla, and mix well. Then slowly add the flour mixture and mix until it is just combined.
- Shape the dough into a ball, then divide into 3 pieces. Leave one ball white, dye one red with food coloring and the other green with the matcha.
- Lightly dust some flour onto your countertop. Pull off a piece of dough from each ball and roll the dough out into 5-6 inch long sausages. Twirl all the colors together, then bend to create a candy cane shape. Trim off the uneven ends with a sharp knife.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for about 9 minutes at 350F, until lightly golden. Transfer the cookies to cooling racks and allow to fully cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.