- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tbsp gold sprinkles
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- yellow food colouring
- Edible gold leaf
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, honey, egg and vanilla extract. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients and sprinkles and mix until just combined – make sure not to over mix.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag. Pipe the batter into a greased doughnut pan and bake at 400F for 7 minutes. Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then flip the pan over to remove the doughnuts and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze: Whisk together the whipping cream and the confectioner’s sugar and whisk until fully combined. Dye the glaze a vibrant yellow colour. Dunk each doughnut into the glaze and return to the wire rack.
- Cover the entire surface with edible gold leaf sheets, by gently applying with a clean, dry paintbrush. Do not use your fingers, because the gold leaf is sticky and will not transfer onto the doughnuts!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.