Birthday Cake Marshmallows
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup confetti sprinkles + extra for coating
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides. Remove the pot from the heat and stir until the sugar stops boiling.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla bean seeds or extract and mix until combined. Then add the confetti sprinkles and mix well.
- Spray a 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle some confetti sprinkles onto the bottom of the pan. Pour the marshmallow into the pan and smooth the surface. Pour more sprinkles on top and gently press down to stick to the marshmallow. Allow the marshmallow to stiffen at room temperature for 6 hours, or overnight, until firm to the touch.
- Combine the confectioner’s sugar and corn starch in a bowl and place in a mesh sieve. Dust over the surface of the marshmallow. Remove the marshmallow from the pan and flip over onto your work surface. Dust the underside of the marshmallow with the sugar coating.
- Cut the marshmallow into cubes. Bounce in a mesh sieve to remove any excess coating and enjoy! These are best consumed within 24 hours.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.