Apple Crumble Sundaes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes
- 6 apples
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- Vanilla ice cream
- maple syrup
- chopped pecans
Make the crumble topping:
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and cinnamon in a food processor. Add the butter and pulse one or two times until the mixture is crumbly. You don’t want to break the butter into pieces that are TOO small. Set aside.
Make the apples:
- Peel and roughly chop 2 of the 6 apples. Place these in a pan along with the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and cranberries.
- Set to medium heat and sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Remove them from the heat and set aside.
- Slice the tops off the remaining 4 apples and use a spoon to scoop out the insides. Place the apples on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and fill with the apple filling. Spoon the crumble topping on top.
- Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes, or until the crumble topping is crispy.
- Place them on your desired serving dishes and right before serving top with some vanilla ice cream, maple syrup and pecans. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!