- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ vanilla bean pod seeds only
- Prep: Draw circles onto a sheet of parchment paper using the rim of your desired mug. This will ensure that the marshmallows will fit into your cup. Draw snowflakes inside the circles. Flip the sheet of parchment paper over and place on a baking sheet.
- Pour 1/3 cup of cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer and sprinkle the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a small pot and set to medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar has melted.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the pot and boil the sugar until it reaches 238F. Brush the sides of the pot with a wet pastry brush if sugar crystals stick to the sides.
- Add the hot sugar to the gelatin and stir the mixture by hand whisking for a few minutes to slightly cool. Then beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 8-10 minutes, until soft peaks form. Then add the vanilla bean seeds and mix well.
- Place the marshmallow in a piping bag fitted with a narrow round tip. Pipe the marshmallows following the lines on the parchment paper. Work quickly, as the marshmallow stiffens quickly. Let the marshmallows stiffen for 1 hour.
- Dust the marshmallows with corn starch and gently peel them off the parchment paper. Flip them over and dust the undersides with corn starch. Bounce them in a sieve to remove any excess corn starch and enjoy! To store, place them in a single layer in a Ziploc bag.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.