Year of the Rat Cookies
Happy Lunar New Year! Today we are making Year of the Rat cookies!Check out my NEW Lunar New Year MERCH!: teespring.com/stores/pankobunny-lunar…My other merch collections: teespring.com/stores/pankobunny
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- grey pink and red food coloring
- Brown and yellow candy melts
Bake the Cookies:
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until it becomes light and fluffy. Add the milk, egg and vanilla, and mix well. Then slowly add the flour mixture until it is just combined.
- Dye ½ cup of dough pink and ¼ cup of dough red. Dye the remaining dough grey.
- Roll the grey dough into 12 balls and slightly flatten them. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roll the red dough out on a floured surface until about ¼ inch thick. Cut it into 12 squares. Place the squares on the grey cookies.
- Use the pink dough to create ears, hands and feet. Stick them to the cookies. If you are having trouble with them sticking, lightly dab some water on them to act as glue.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 8-9 minutes, or until lightly browned on the outside. Cool completely.
- Melt the yellow candy melts and place them in a piping bag fitted with a small, round piping tip.
- Pipe the Chinese symbol for luck onto the red envelopes.
- Melt the brown candy melts and place them in a piping bag fitted with a small, round piping tip. Pipe the rat’s eyes and mouth. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.