Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
- 6 chocolate chip mocha cupcakes recipe here
- homemade strawberry jam recipe here
- white chocolate melted
- dark chocolate melted
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pink food colouring
- 6 squares of Lindt Excellence strawberry chocolate bar
- 6 small round strawberries
- Make a hole in the center of each cupcake with the back of a spoon, and then spoon in some fresh strawberry jam.
- In a mold of your choice (I used a pig mold, which is linked in the description box of the video), fill in the eyes and noses of the pig with the melted dark chocolate and a toothpick. Place this in the freezer to set (about 5-10 minutes). Then fill in the rest of the molds with white chocolate. To make this even more decadent, you could fill these chocolates with strawberry jam as well! If you’d like to learn how to do that, I’ll link my Homemade Chocolates video in the description box as well as at the end of the video! Then just place these back in the freezer to set, for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the buttercream. Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl until it’s light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, and mix together. Add the confectioner’s sugar 1 cup at a time, beating with each addition. Then add the pink food colouring and mix again. Place the buttercream in a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped tip. The tip I used in the video will give you sharper edges, but if you’d like the buttercream to look more ribbon-like like in the thumbnail, simply use a larger star-shaped piping tip.
- Pipe the buttercream in a circular motion onto each of the cupcakes, starting from the outside and working towards the center.
- Then top with one square of Lindt Excellence Strawberry chocolate, or any chocolate that you like, as well as one strawberry and a chocolate pig.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.