Creamy Mushroom Soup and Mushroom Buns
Creamy Mushroom Soup
- ½ tbsp butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- splash of white wine I used cabernet sauvignon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ – ¾ cup light cream or milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 150 g bread flour
- 15 g sugar
- 2/3 tsp dry active yeast
- ½ cup cream of mushroom soup warm
- 1 packet 6g powdered mushroom stock (purchase some here)
- 20 g unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes
To make the mushroom soup:
- Melt ½ tbsp butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms. Add a splash of white wine and sautee until the mushrooms are fully cooked, 10-15 minutes.
- In a small pot set to medium heat, melt 2 tbsp butter. Whisk in 2 tbsp flour and stir until it is slightly golden. Gradually add the chicken broth. Add this to the mushroom mixture and combine well.
- In a small bowl, dissolve 1 tbsp flour in half of the cream. Add the remaining cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg, then add this to the mushroom soup. Mix well and cook for 5 more minutes. If desired, puree with an immersion blender and enjoy!
To make the mushroom buns:
- Place half of the bread flour and sugar in a large bowl. Sprinkle the yeast into the center and pour the warm mushroom soup on top. Mix well with a spatula.
- Add the remaining bread flour, powdered mushroom stock and butter and mix well until the butter is fully dispersed.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough into a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place this bowl into a larger bowl filled with some warm water. Let the dough rise for 40-50 minutes, until it has doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and divide it into 8 pieces. Cover with a damp dish cloth and let rise for an additional 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them into a lightly floured mini muffin tin. Fill the remaining empty muffin cups with boiling water and gently slide the tin into a plastic bag. Seal the bag closed and rise for a final 30-40 minutes.
- Carefully remove the muffin tin from the bag and bake the bread at 375F for 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer the buns to a wire rack. Enjoy warm or cold.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!