Ted Baker Nordic Mitten Cookies
- coffee cookie dough used in my Michael Kors cookies, recipe here
- 1 lb confectioner’s sugar
- 2 egg whites
- bright pink food colouring
- gold lustre dust
- Roll out the cookie dough onto a lightly floured surface until it is ¼ inch thick. Then using a mitten-shaped cookie cutter (or a knife), cut out mitten-shaped cookies. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for about 10 minutes at 350F, until they’re lightly golden.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow them to fully cool.
- To make the icing, mix the confectioner’s sugar and eggs together with an electric mixer and add ¼ cup to ½ of water, depending on the humidity where you are (add more if the air is more dry) – I usually just add ¼ cup.
- Keep whipping the icing until it form a ribbon when drizzled, and stays for about 5 seconds. This should take around 8 minutes. Place about 1/3 of the icing in a separate bowl, and dye it bright pink. Leave the remaining icing white.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a small, round tip, pipe an outline around the mitten cookies with the white icing. Allow this to fully set, about 20 minutes. Then add 1-2 tsp of water to the white icing until it becomes slightly more runny. Fill in the cookies with the runny white icing, and allow this to fully set as well, about 20-30 minutes.
- Place the pink icing in a piping bag fitted with a more narrow, round tip, and pipe on the Nordic design on the Ted Baker snood and hat. I’ve uploaded a photo below for reference!
- With a small brush, dust the gold lustre dust onto the cuff of the mittens to create the gold accent that’s on the snood and hat. Dipping your finger in water and running it along the edge of the cookie before brushing the lustre dust on will help it stick a lot better. Allow the pink piping to fully set for another 20 minutes or so, and you’re done!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!