Sushi Yule Log
- 1 rice cooker cup short-grain rice uncooked
- 1 ½ tbsp white vinegar
- ¾ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- green beans
- 2 cubes of cheese
- mini tomatoes
- sliced cheese
- 1 sheet nori seaweed
- 2 sticks cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1 stick kani kamaboko sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ avocado sliced
- sesame seeds
- soy sauce
- Wash the rice add enough water to reach the level one marking. Place the tacook plate on top and fill it with the green beans. Set the rice cooker to the Synchro-Cooking setting and press start.
- In the meantime, slice the mini tomatoes in half. Use a small straw or a round piping tip to cut out circles of the sliced cheese. Stick these circles to the tomatoes and place the tomatoes on top of little cheese cubes, to look like toadstools. Set aside.
- Once the rice is finished cooking, remove the tacook tray and set aside. Combine the white vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl and pour onto the rice. Mix well with a rice spatula.
- Spread the rice out onto a sushi mat and place a sheet of nori seaweed on top. Place the cucumber, kani kamaboko and avocado at one end and roll the sushi up. Squeeze firmly and set aside.
- Line the green beans next to each other and gently push a bamboo skewer through them. Slice the edges with a knife to turn them into a tree shape. Stick the end of the skewer into a cheese cube so that the trees stand upright.
- Slice the ends of the maki roll, then stick the longest end onto the side of the maki, to look like a log. Sprinkle some sesame seeds onto your serving platter and place the sushi log on top. Place the soy sauce in a piping bag and cut a very small hole at the tip. Draw wood grains onto the log. Sprinkle with some more sesame seeds and place dollops of mayonnaise onto the log to look like snow. Stick the toadstools into the mayonnaise and arrange the green bean trees around the log.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!