Sugar Cookie Dollhouse ① Walls and Foundation
- 4 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- about ¼ cup crushed pink-coloured hard candy recipe here
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until it becomes light and fluffy. Mix the instant coffee with the water, then add that to the mixture along with the egg and vanilla, and mix well. Then slowly add the flour mixture until it is just combined.
- Shape the dough into a ball, then divide it into four balls. Wrap them in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper onto your countertop and lightly dust with flour. Using one ball of dough at a time, roll the dough out until it is ¼ inch thick. Using a ruler and a sharp knife, cut out the dough into the shapes below, following the measurements as closely as possible. Once each wall is cut out, remove the surrounding dough scraps. Place both the walls and the parchment paper onto cookie sheets. Sprinkle the crushed pink candy pieces into the window holes in the exterior walls.
- Place the walls in the freezer for 10 minutes, until the dough is very firm. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Transfer the cookies and the parchment paper to a cooking rack and fully cool.
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!