- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp milk
- 5 pickled sakura cherry blossom flowers just the petals (purchase some here)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Sakura Jam recipe here
- pink food colouring
- 1 tsp pink sanding sugar
- Soak the pickled sakura cherry blossom petals in some cold water for about 1 hour to remove any salt between the petals. Then drain, rinse with water once more and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Pour 250ml of milk into a pot and add the sakura flower petals and sugar. Set the pot to medium heat and heat the milk until it almost comes to a boil. Then remove the milk from the stove and bring it down to room temperature. This can be done a day ahead of time if you’re in a rush – just store the milk in the fridge overnight. Then strain the milk to remove the flowers.
- Mix together the jam and 2 tbsp of milk in a small dish, and microwave for 30 seconds. Then divide it between your desired mugs.
- Place the steeped 1 ½ cups of milk into a deep, microwave safe bowl, dye it pink with some pink food colouring and microwave for about 2 minutes, until hot. Using a milk frother (purchase one here), froth the milk until it’s light and fluffy and has almost doubled in volume.
- Pour the hot milk into each mug and and sprinkle some pink sanding sugar on top, and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!