Red Velvet Heart Cake
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 500 g cream cheese room temperature
- 3 cups unsalted butter room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Festive sprinkles
- Combine the flour, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and oil with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, food coloring and vanilla extract and mix well. Add the flour mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the buttermilk.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking soda and vinegar. Add this to the batter and mix to combine.
- Grease and flour the cake pans and divide the batter between the pans. Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating with each addition.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting into the heart portions of the cakes, then stack them together as shown in the video. Transfer the cake to a cake stand and coat the entire surface in a thin layer of frosting. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Coat the entire cake in a generous layer of frosting. Press the sprinkles halfway up the sides of the cake. Slice to reveal the heart inside and enjoy!
Calories: 1135kcalCarbohydrates: 83.7gProtein: 6.4gFat: 89.2gSaturated Fat: 44.2gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 516mgPotassium: 153mgFiber: 0.5gSugar: 75.3gCalcium: 78mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!