Gummy-Filled Fruit Lollipops
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup boiling water
- 4-5 tea bags of fruit-flavoured tea any flavour
- 16 gummy candies same flavour as the tea
- 16 lollipop sticks
- Measure out ½ cup of boiling water in a measuring cup, and add the tea bags. Allow the tea bags to steep for 15 minutes. Then remove the tea bags from the water and top up with extra water to make up for any water that the tea bags absorbed.
- Pour the sugar, tea and corn syrup into a pot and set to high heat. Attach a candy thermometer to the side of the pot and boil the mixture, stirring occasionally, until it reaches 310F degrees.
- Using a ladle, fill a silicone mold of your choice halfway with the sugar mixture. Very carefully stick one gummy into the center of each shape. Make sure that the gummy doesn’t touch the bottom of the mold and doesn’t come past the top of the mold. The gummy will soften when covered in the hot sugar, so it must be sealed in by hard candy on all sides.
- Pour the remaining sugar mixture on top and stick a lollipop stick into each candy. Hold the sticks in place until the candy fully sets, about 15-20 minutes. Then gently remove the lollipops from the mold and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!