Computer Mouse Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 hard-boiled egg yolk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- nori seaweed
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into ½ inch-thick slices. Rinse these in cold water, then place in a pot of cold water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Bring the heat down to medium-high heat and boil for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Drain the water from the pot, and place the pot over low heat. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher for 1-2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Add the egg yolk and continue mashing until the potatoes are smooth.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and add the salt and mayonnaise and fully combine.
- Place a large dollop of mashed potatoes onto a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap it around the potatoes. Gently shape the potatoes into the shape of a computer mouse, then unwrap the potatoes and place them on a serving plate.
- Place some thinly sliced strips of nori seaweed onto the mouse to look like the buttons and like the cord. Press your fingers gently onto the buttons to create 2 indentations, and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!